- Emerson Kasley with Big Bad Tattoo: 2nd & 3rd in Eventing Beginner Novice TOC
- Addison Kasley with Kodiak: 1st and 4th in Eventing Novice TOC
Whew! This was a busy weekend for #TeamABBF and friends! We’d like to thank everyone that joined us at Covered Bridge Farm for our first FADS dressage schooling show. It was our first show at the new farm, and we can’t wait to host more fun activities at this gorgeous facility. Next up is a Halloween Jumper Show on October 31st … stay tuned for details!
9/13: FADS at Covered Bridge Farm (Woodbine, MD)
- Chris Arthur with Tuxedo ’n Tails: 4th in First-1; 3rd in First-TOC
- Margaret McKelvy with Runsonstilts: 2nd in First-1; 2nd in First-TOC
- Erin Reilly with Banc D’Or: 1st in First-1; 4th in First-TOC
- April Tennyson with Maid of Duhallow: 1st in Training-1; 2nd in Training-2
9/13: CDCTA Horse Trials (Berryville, VA)
- Jennifer Cobb with former sale horse Greeley’s Dude: 2nd in Intro-2; Reserve Champion TIP (Beginner Novice)
- Stephanie Senserini with Monbeg Icon: 2nd in Beginner Novice-1
9/12-13: MDHT Starter Trials (Adamstown, MD)
- Elizabeth Cardosa with Della: 4th in Elementary-SunB
- Addison Kasley with Kodiak: 5th in Jr. Beginner Novice-SatA
- Emerson Kasley with Big Bad Tattoo: 2nd in Jr. Beginner Novice-SunB
- Julia Scherschligt with Fifteen Cents: 11th in Beginner Novice-SunB
9/12-13: Flora Lea Horse Trials (Medford, NJ)
- Anna Santy with former sale horse Balligomingo: 13th in Novice Rider-A
9/11-13: Otter Creek Fall Horse Trials (Wheeler, WI)
- Karen Lampe with former sale horse Bourbon Blues: 2nd in Starter Beginner Novice-B
Things have been a little quiet the past few weeks, but a few of our riders have ventured out. Barbara discovered Mighty’s bold button, while Janet and Margaret crossed over to the dark side for a little fun in the dressage world.
9/6: PVDA Schooling Show @ Woodstock Equestrian Park (Dickerson, MD)
- Janet Andres with Heat Wave: 3rd in Second Level, Test 1
9/5-6: Seneca Valley Pony Club Horse Trials (Poolesville, MD)
- Barbara Miller with Mighty Ambitious: 8th in Open Training-4
8/29-30: PVDA Waredaca USDF Dressage Show 1 & 2 (Laytonsville, MD)
- Margaret McKelvy with Megan Truppner’s Fokuss: 1st in First Level, Test 1-AA; 3rd in First Level, Test 2-AA
We have BIG NEWS!!!
Beginning September 1st, Covered Bridge Farm and A Bit Better Farm will be combining forces to bring you a revamped training facility in Woodbine, MD. We will offer everything you and your equine athlete need to train for success-whatever the discipline. Kelley Williams, of a ABBF Eventing, will bring her passion for developing horses and their riders into the best athletes they can be. With over 20 years of experience in everything from restarting horses off the racetrack to competing at the advanced level of eventing, to coaching students of all levels across multiple disciplines, Kelley can help guide you on your path.
We will have a strong focus on developing the whole horse and rider combination from fitness, to education, to experience. In addition to lessons and clinics with Kelley, we will be hosting year-round schooling shows in both dressage and show jumping. To top it off, we are looking forward to bringing in some exciting professionals for clinics.
The lovely boarding facility at CBF consists of 15 large, well ventilated stalls, automatic waterers, washer/dryer, and a heated wash stall. The ample turn-out, allows us to keep the horses in small groups. Our new barn manager, Sarah Harper, has been a part of the local horse community in Maryland for most of her life. She joined the team at A Bit Better Farm two years ago where she ran a tight ship! Sarah brings her years of experience and high standards of care to her work at Covered Bridge.
At this time, we are adding names to the waitlist for full-care board, which will have limited openings in the Fall.
It is our hope that Covered Bridge Farm will be a place that really benefits the local equestrian community by providing a venue for everyone to enjoy schooling and training their horses.
We couldn’t be more excited!
8/15-16: Waredaca Horse Trials (Laytonsville, MD)
- Julie Augustine with Texas Riddle: 14th in Novice Rider-C
- Anna Santy with former sale horse Balligomingo: 3rd in Beginner Novice Rider-B
8/15: PVDA Schooley Mill Schooling Dressage Show (Highland, MD)
- Addison Kasley with Kodiak: 1st in Training Level, Test 2; 4th in Training Level, Test 3
- Emerson Kasley with Big Bad Tattoo: 3rd in Training Level, Test 2; 2nd in Training Level, Test 3
8/12: MDHT Twilight Eventing (Adamstown, MD)
- Amy Gaynor with Studley Dudley: 7th in Training
- Addison Kasley with Kodiak: 10th in Novice
- Rachel Narrow with Nui: 21st in Novice
8/8-9: Spring Gulch Horse Trials (Littleton, CO)
- Brittany Chism with former sale horse Dealer of Hope: 12th in Open Beginner Novice-B
- Dani Sussman with former sale horse Windsor’s Song: 5th in Open Novice-B
8/7-9: Otter Creek Horse Trials (Wheeler, WI)
- Meaghan Burdick with former sale horse Bourbon Blues (aka Cooper owned by Karen Lampe): 4th in Open Beginner Novice
7/19: Full Moon Farm Aloha Horse Trials (Finksburg, MD)
- Julie Augustine with Texas Riddle: 10th in Open Novice-B